UNCDF General Internship Call 2021 – 2022 – Financial Health Internships – Global
Location : Multiple: India, Singapore, Elsewhere
Application Deadline : 30-Sep-22 (Midnight New York, USA)
Time left : 220d 23h 30m
Type of Contract : Internship
Post Level : Intern
Languages Required : English
Starting Date :
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 10-Nov-2021 Agency: UNCDF
The UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 46 least developed countries (LDCs). With its capital mandate and instruments, UNCDF offers “last mile” finance models that unlock public and private resources, especially at the domestic level, to reduce poverty and support local economic development. This last mile is where available resources for development are scarcest; where market failures are most pronounced; and where benefits from national growth tend to leave people excluded.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
• Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
• Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
• Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
Work Experience and Desired Skillset:
• Demonstrated experience (part or full-time, paid or volunteer) in economics, policy related work, finance, inclusive finance or related fields
• Demonstrated research and analytical capacity
• Excellent computer capabilities
• Experienced in STATA, R-Studio, Tableau, Nvivo, Power-BI, Python, GIS Mapping software’s, or other similar data analytic tools (For those applying on research and data related engagement)
Strong writing and speaking abilities in English.
• The Intern will work full-time home based and should be based out of either India or Singapore.
• Interns are expected to use their own computer/laptop as they may not have full-time access to office computer/laptop